Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter... Salisbury Practice

We have a crowd coming over for Easter.  I'm planning on cooking and prepping most of the meal - except for the meats- on Saturday so its just a re-warm job on Easter.  I'm pretty tired of the same old dishes for the Holidays.  I've been threatening to cook Peking Duck and Dumplings for Thanksgiving for the last couple of years... maybe it will happen this Fall.   Easter is going to feature some Indian flavors.  I do have some plain eaters and kids on the guest list, so I need work in some standard fare as well... here is what the menu looks like:

Grilled Leg of Lamb with Tandoori Dry Rub
Biryani Rice
Minted Eggplant
Sliced Melon
Riata
Onion Chutney

Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Buttered Green Beans
Roasted Carrots
Duck Fat Steak Fries

I hope to also practice some competition barbecue on Saturday.  I have the Salisbury, MD contest coming up which is looking to have around 100 teams competing.  When I cooked this event in its first year, there were 18 competition teams... this sport has experienced amazing growth.  The goal for the practice session is to get down my timing on the new Jambo pit.  Also, the last few times I've cooked ribs on the Jambo they have come out a bit dry... so I hope to figure that out.

No comments: