Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Little Rock

On Thursday we are off to compete in the USA BBQ Championship in Little Rock, Arkansas. They have a pretty good prize pool at this one.

We are flying in and it is always a challenge to pull together all the meats and equipment required to have a good chance at winning the event. Luckily there are some really nice folks on the BBQ Circuit, Matt from Jacked Up is hauling some gear down for us, and Candy from BBQ'rs Delight is loaning us her Jambo Pit.

Briskets were sent down with Matt frozen in a Cambro. Ribs and Chicken I am buying now and will check on my flight Thursday in an insulated cooler bag. I still need to figure out where I am going to source Pork Butts for the contest. Good news is I found some fantastic, well marbled spares today.




3 comments:

Sledneck said...

I hear that the top google search today is "prairie fresh" :)

The first time I used them 2 years ago I took a first, since then I havent even come close.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.